Gelesis is developing a novel hydrogel platform technology to treat overweight and obesity and chronic diseases related to the GI pathway. Gelesis’ proprietary approach is designed to act mechanically in the GI pathway to potentially alter the course of certain chronic diseases. In April 2019, Gelesis received FDA clearance for its lead product candidate, Plenity™, as an aid for weight management in overweight and obese adults with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25-40 kg/m2, when used in conjunction with diet and exercise. Plenity is currently available in limited supply in the U.S. Additionally, Gelesis is developing its second investigational candidate, Gelesis200, a hydrogel optimized for weight loss and glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes. Novel hydrogel mechano-therapeutics based on the Gelesis platform technology are also being advanced in other GI inflammatory conditions, such as non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC).
Gelesis was also named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2020.
The Gelesis executive and advisory team includes some of the world’s leading experts in obesity, materials science, chronic disease research, and commercialization. Gelesis was co-founded by PureTech Health (LSE: PRTC). For more information, visit gelesis.com or connect with us on Twitter @GelesisInc.
Accounting Manager, Revenue & Inventory
The Accounting Manager’s key responsibilities include financial reporting processes related to our manufacturing activities and assisting with reviews of the monthly close and quarterly reporting. These accounting responsibilities include, but are not limited to, cost accounting and related accruals for clinical and commercial manufacturing activities. In addition, this role will be responsible for working with the Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams & collaborating with our external Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs). This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
• Manage all areas surrounding product manufacturing and inventory cost accounting performed as part of the monthly close process; including all accruals, account reconciliations and capitalization procedures.
• Streamline and maintain inventory standard costs for all raw materials, WIP, semi-finished and finished goods processes for tracking and accounting for commercial products.
• Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis for areas including inventory, COGS, revenue, accounts receivable, and deferred revenue while ensuring accuracy and adherence to US GAAP
• Prepare materials related to high risk and high dollar monthly accrual meetings with supply chain and drug manufacturing departments and CMOs.
• Collaborate with internal & external (CMO) manufacturing and supply chain teams on process improvements including areas to streamline data accumulation.
• Serve as a key contributor in the monthly and quarterly revenue close and financial reporting process.
• Assist accounting team with other areas of the month close when needed including other high-risk accruals and reviewing calculations performed by other members of the accounting team.
• Manage multiple areas related to the development and maintenance of an effective system of internal controls and compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
• Liaison with external auditors on year-end audit
Education/ Training / Qualifications:
• BA/BS required, preferably in Accounting, Business, or Finance
• CPA is required – other financial certifications preferred.
• 5-8 years’ experience on inventory cost accounting and/or revenue recognition.
• Commercial/revenue generation organizations experience required.
• Solid understanding of US GAAP, SOX compliance, and internal control frameworks
• Solid working experience with financial systems like MS Dynamics, Oracle, etc..
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Very strong MS Excel skills
• Data driven, ethical decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing project priorities, work assignments and deadlines.
• Detailed oriented
• Experience in working in a fast paced, high-volume & cross functional environment handling multiple tasks
• Reliable, conscientious and discreet
• Proven ability to prioritize and multitask
• Self-motivated, shows initiative, is proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Flexible to take on other duties as assigned
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for company benefits.
Gelesis is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, a person’s size or weight, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please send resumes and expression of interest to: email@example.comApply Now at firstname.lastname@example.org