• 59% of adults with overweight or obesity had a clinically meaningful response to Plenity, losing on average 10% of their weight (22 pounds) or ~3.5 inches from their waist.
• PLENITY doubled the odds of achieving 5% or greater weight loss compared with placebo
SUPER RESPONDERS — ADULTS ACHIEVING 10% OR GREATER WEIGHT LOSS*
26% of adults with overweight or obesity were super-responders to PLENITY, losing on average 14% of their weight (30 pounds)*
IN A POST-HOC ANALYSIS, EARLY WEIGHT LOSS PREDICTED LONGER TERM BENEFIT
• In the 24-week GLOW pivotal trial assessment period, the overall incidence of adverse events (AEs) in the Plenity treatment group was no different than placebo (71% in both groups) and most AEs (>95%) were assessed as mild or moderate in both groups. There were no serious adverse events (SAEs) in the Plenity group versus one (1) SAE in the placebo group. The number of patients with any AE leading to study withdrawal was similar between groups. No deaths occurred during the trial.
• The most common AEs were gastrointestinal disorders (43% Plenity compared 34% placebo group), infections and infestations (33% Plenity compared to 33% placebo group), and musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders (14% Plenity group compared to 16% placebo group).
• Only the category of gastrointestinal (GI) related to Plenity was different relative to placebo (38% versus 28%) respectively. GI events included abdominal distension, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, infrequent bowel movements, and nausea.
PLENITY™ is FDA cleared for the largest number of adults struggling with overweight and obesity (BMI 25-40 kg/m²) in combination with diet and exercise
After swallowing Plenity, you should drink water.
Plenity particles hydrate in the stomach, then mix with food to create more volume.
Plenity particles maintain their gel form and volume as they pass throughout the small intestine.
As Plenity particles degrade in the colon, water is released and reabsorbed in the colon.
Degraded Plenity pass through the colon and are eliminated in the bowel movement.
See how PLENITY™ works
References: 1. Plenity™ [instructions for use]. Boston, MA: Gelesis, Inc.; 2019. 2. Greenway FL, Aronne, LJ, Raben A, et al. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of Gelesis100: A novel nonsystemic oral hydrogel for weight loss. Obesity. 2019;27(2):205-216.
Stay up to date with Gelesis innovations